Pollen grains, especially during the spring season, has a high potential of causing severe health issues such as the afflicting allergies issues both at your home or at the neighboring houses. However, there are a few tips that can help you survive the tormenting pollen allergies during the spring season.
- Understand the future predictions about the pollen levels on the air. Yes, it is recommended to get yourself a weather app that monitors analyzing and reports on the local pollen levels. It helps you to know when to keep your doors and windows closed, such as during the heavy pollen days.
- Maintain a clean homestead. Remember, a significant of pollen grains can settle around the window panes, roofs or even on your screens and a windy day the same pollen can be wafted inside your house Similarly, any pollen particles left behind for instance on the walkways, drives, decks, patios or even upstairs, it will finally land on your shoes, and this means you will inhale. It is therefore recommended to sweep and power washing regularly in addition to ensuring you remove your shoes upon entry to ensure you get to bring in any tapped pollen grains.
- Ensure regular and instant cleaning. Note, just like any other type of soils, if left unwashed or untreated, pollen will harden off hence making it difficult to remove over time. Moreover, pollen grains have chemicals that can stain surfaces and fabrics.
- Ensure thorough air cleaning. If your house has a long history of causing severe allergies during the spring season, it is recommended to run a High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters which are particular types of filters that are meant to remove allergy causing particles in the air such as pollen grains, dust mites, and pet dander.
- Avoid disturbances. It is particularly crucial when there are pollen allergy victims in your home. The focus should be to remove the pollen grains with minimum or no disturbance at all. It, therefore, means avoiding any vacuuming or dusting with any machines apart from the HEPA-filtering device.
- Make a Microfiber, your friend. It helps you remove any additional pollen particles, particularly in hard to remove places. You only need to spray your favorite cleaning solution onto your high-grade microfiber cloth since it can remove all trapped particles. Then carefully and slowly wipe your inside home surfaces.
- Ensure a vigorous shaking. It ensures all pollen grains that could have landed on the furniture upholstery, fabrics, carpets, or any other material is freed from these materials. It is also recommended to take such materials outside before shaking them vigorously as well as getting rid of all loose grains. Then try a carrier packing tape to get rid of all the sticker grains. Additionally, you can use the stain and soak for a few hours before thoroughly rinsing, preferably using only cold water. Blotting can also be useful, using a white piece of cloth, gently blot until that the blotting piece of fabric is no longer getting stained. Again, you can take it to a professional dry cleaner or use a home-based dry-cleaning solution.
- Keep in mind the outside lining spaces. For instance, the outdoor furniture and non-fabric patio ensure to use a durable –spraying hose, dishwashing liquid, and clean rags since they can help remove any loosely settled pollen grains effectively. The magic eraser or can also be useful.