Wicker baskets feature natural wooden fibers which often add a decorative and warm touch to your home. They are also excellent organizational tools that you can store items in that used clutter your home. These items usually include magazines, toiletries, your mail, and even electronics and cords.
Yet one of the drawbacks about wicker baskets is that they tend to collect grime, dirt, and dust, and a gungy looking wicker basket detracts from the visual appeal of your home. Don’t allow your dirty wicker baskets to ruin the style in your home. Here are a few handy tips you can use to clean your wicker baskets so that they always look great and continue to serve a functional purpose.
How To Clean Your Wicker Baskets Using A Microfiber Cloth
Microfiber cloths are useful when it comes to cleaning just about any item, and that includes wicker baskets.
You Will Need:
A large bowl or bucket
2 to 3 microfiber cloths
Liquid detergent (mild)
Here are the steps to follow to clean your wicker baskets:
• Empty the wicker basket.
• Wipe the basket down using a microfiber cloth that is dry.
• Combine a few drops of the liquid detergent into a bucket or bowl of warmed water.
• Dampen another microfiber cloth in the soapy water. Make sure the cloth is not too wet as too much moisture could damage the wicker basket.
• Use the dampened cloth to wipe down the basket making sure you get inside the grooves of the weave along with the base.
• Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe away any moisture. Ensure that the basket is fully dry before you use it again.
How To Clean Your Wicker Basket With A Vacuum Cleaner
Using the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner is another easy way to clean your wicker baskets and keep them free from grime and dust.
You Will Need:
A vacuum cleaner that comes with a small brush attachment
A microfiber duster or microfiber cloth
Here are the steps to follow:
• Empty the contents of the wicker basket.
• Wipe the basket down with a microfiber cloth or microfiber duster.
• Vacuum the basket from top to bottom using the brush-attachment. Pay special attention to the grooves and the interior of the basket.
When Cleaning Your Wicker Baskets Is Not Enough
Wicker is classified as a type of organic material. This means that eventually, the materials start to break down when grime and dust have worn away the sealants or protective coatings. When this happens the best solution would be to throw the wicker basket away. This may be the perfect opportunity to explore better clutter-busting solutions.
If you want to ensure that your wicker baskets last for as long as possible, make sure that you include the baskets into your routine schedule for cleaning your home. Ideally, you should be vacuuming or wiping them down every 2 to 3 weeks. If you would rather someone else have this task to do, you can hand it off to our Cascade Maids cleaning professionals, we are just a call away.